Friday, September 23, 2011

Peek

chinatown

Textile design on pictured dress © Jennifer Parry Dodge 2011
Top left image: Still from a film (detail) by Brett Cody Rogers.


Top photo: L: BCR at Pepin Moore. Go!
R: ERMIE F/W '11 short sleeve knit maxi dress in the Topanga Print.
Slips on, no closures, unlined. Slight scoop neckline in front; may be worn reversed- dress 'back' has a v-neck and single a center pleat (see below). Short sleeves hit just above the elbow. 100% Organic Cotton in a substantial knit with a beautiful drape. *

Bottom Photo
: Inspiration for this dress: Joni & Joan. Need I say more?


joni & joan

* Beatrice's shoes are wonderful. So comfortable for traipsing around L.A. all day-which I did last weekend when the above photo was taken. A little heel would look nicer with this dress-esp. to minimize my cankles- but seriously- I don't understand how women can walk around in heels all day long. Total torture.
(Wish my Mociun -Krantz necklace was turned around in that first photo, too.
Can't always get what you want...)


IMG_4983

Above: "Back" worn in the front.
Below: "Back" worn in the back.


IMG_4990

frontbacktopanga

PS. The goal is to have everything up online for sale by the end of October!


8 comments:

Anna of The Analog House said...

Beautiful dress!

xo, Anna of :green gable:

Anonymous said...

the topanga print turned out beautifully! love that shape, too!

Jaime Rugh said...

Soo beautiful!

ilana kohn said...

I NEED THAT DRESS, aghhhhh!!!!!!!! your prints + maxi length, i'm dyyyyiinnnnngggg!

Vanessa Samp said...

!!! :)

Belinda said...

That print, fabric and style are perfect together. And a v back and pleat! I love it. I can't wait to see the back (aka the other front), and the rest of the collection.

Love Beatrice's shoes too. I also don't understand heels all day. A wedge, maybe. I want to see more flats with dresses. I like it.

PS. I tend on the cankle side too. Oh how I envy women with lovely, slim ankles that are clearly defined from their calves.

leFiligree said...

LOVE the idea of reversibility!

heels are for when you have a desk job. that's all.

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous! You're really blowing my mind with both your textiles and your clothing designs. Really, mind-blowing.