Wednesday, September 7, 2011

IMG_7428

IMG_7430

IMG_7429

My first pot in the bisque-ware state. Waiting to be glazed and fired again. Not perfect- but o.k. for my first attempt at the wheel since high school (the glaze will make it look better).

Some shots of the ceramics studio...


IMG_9459

IMG_9470

IMG_9464

IMG_9468

IMG_9465

I'm off for a couple of days up the Central Coast- be back soon with some good pics.
I'll be itching to get back to the wheel by then.

In ceramics related news- if you are in the L.A. area- this show opens this weekend.
So excited to see it!!


9 comments:

leFiligree said...

the edges look nice and thin :)

Belinda said...

It's lovely to see the fruits of your labour. It's very impressive, especially for a first attempt!

I spot a very nice pair of Beatrice Valenzuela shoes too.

Enjoy your trip!

Vanessa Samp said...

the pot is coming along nicely! have fun on your central coast excursion...

Jennifer said...

You guys are too kind. Thanks!

V- will email you maƱana!
xx

Jennifer said...

I dunno... I happen to think it looks terrific. I can't wait to see it after the final firing; did you use two glazes? It looks like the top section might be a different finish?

Jocy said...

Really cool, Jennifer! And those shoes! Are they comfortable? Do they fit true to size?

Megan Taylor said...

Oh wow! Now I'm inspired to take a ceramics or pottery class, xo

Heather Taylor said...

beautiful! i've been dying to take a class and now i'm inspired to find one. love what you're working on

Tracy said...

so lovely. saw the wood exhibition over the weekend. couldn't believe i didn't know her work before reading about her this summer. such great stuff.