Tuesday, May 10, 2011

IMG_7046
IMG_7048
IMG_7052IMG_7055
IMG_7056
IMG_7064
IMG_7059
IMG_7070
IMG_7072
IMG_7080

Went to Chinatown last night to meet our friend Jay to see the art exhibit he helped organize.

After viewing the show, we went over to Hop Louie for a drink and movie night. I hadn't been there in years! They were showing a black and white film from 1955 called Dementia in conjunction with Jay's exhibit (there is one more upcoming film in this series). The film was pretty cool actually- much of it was filmed in Venice, CA., and it was interesting to see what Venice looked like circa 1955. They also served free chips & popcorn during the screening --I'm very easy to please!
I also had some kind of drink called a Scorpion, (a big bowlful of hard liquor with ice & a straw basically) and the next thing I know I have agreed to sing & perform in a band at Jay's opening in September. Never mind that I am kind of shy, and can't sing or play a musical instrument.
Oops.
Should be interesting!


Shooting photos in Chinatown is always fun, but it also feels like I'm cheating- everything there is already so colorful and photogenic
.

3 comments:

Cheryl Cambras said...

What a coincidence! I'll have to mention it to the other Jen. Thanks for trekking over here. Was great to see you, as always!

Anne-Marie said...

I love that first photo!

Anonymous said...

big girl drink huh? sounds fun!