Saturday, May 7, 2011

More York

IMG_7007
IMG_7010
IMG_7023
IMG_7011
IMG_7026

Above: Schodorf's and Platform.
Below: Matters of Space, and some additional sights from York Blvd.


IMG_7013
IMG_7014
IMG_7015
IMG_7019
IMG_7020
IMG_7021
IMG_7028

Good things are afoot on York Blvd in Highland Park!
In the past 6 months or so- several great new business have opened up on this busy little strip in our 'hood (Possession Vintage, Wombleton Records just to name a couple).
Today we discovered a couple more! Tomory & I were out running errands and on our way to Schodorf's Lunchonette (another business new to the neighborhood...I recommend the Turkey Pressed Sandwich on the ciabatta bread) to pick up a quick lunch, when we happened upon
Platform and Matters of Space.

Platform, as described on it's website, is a "Multi-purpose concept space offering an art gallery, retail environment, and a trend library. A "platform" to share everything we love, create and are inspired by."
I briefly met the owners Alex Cole and Sarah Brady- who were warm and welcoming.
They've created a lovely little shop with new and vintage textiles, clothing, art, & home furnishings. I took home a beautiful white embroidered Mexican blouse, and a stunning embroidered Nepalese vest. I can already tell I'll be spending a lot of time here- I can't wait to go back and check out the trend library.

Matters of Space is a studio specializing in interior architecture & design. The studio also has gallery and retail space located within. I spied some beautiful furniture, ceramics, and hand- made jewelry there. Katerina, one of the owners was manning the shop when we stopped by and was also extremely friendly and helpful. She mentioned that they would be having a sale soon- I definitely look forward to returning here as well.

York Blvd. has been a hub for small businesses, galleries, and restaurants & bars for some time now, but it's nice to see it re-invigorated by these latest additions. It's not easy to open a new business in these economically challenging times, and I wish these new neighbors the best of luck!




7 comments:

jane said...

I want to live in your hood...
Hope all is well! I love your new shift dresses!
Hugs!

Anne-Marie said...

Your hood looks like one to visit.

P R I M O E Z A said...

ooh, nice finds here.

Janis said...

Your neighborhood, a secret garden of lovely surprises...

And the chair cushion...reminds me of your marker print! Ahhh, maybe a marker print pillow in your store next! :^)

Jennifer said...

Hi guys :)

Janis, funny! Actually the cushions remind me SO much of my friend Hadley's work:

http://www.hadleyholliday.com

...but ERMIE home decor items are not that far off... ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post, Jennifer! Your blog is great! Glad to have met you!:)

jennifer said...

Looks amazing!