Thursday, May 12, 2011

IMG_7082

More of our home grown fava's- this time made into a pesto of sorts (looks like guacamole!) with basil, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.


IMG_7085

Below: Pretty much my ideal breakfast- poached egg on toast, avocado with olive oil on toast, fresh berries & stovetop espresso with milk & sugar


IMG_7104
IMG_7112

Getting ready: ERMIE tags back from the printer just waiting for me to cut them.

I also ordered a bunch of stuff from Hiki, like these paper clips (below), to slip into people's ERMIE orders as a special little extra surprise.


IMG_7124

IMG_7126
IMG_7128
IMG_7133

The incredible vest that I purchased from Platform. I might not ever wear it...just study it for inspiration. The embroidery is so wonderful. I love vintage textiles. I like to think about
who made them, what that person's life was like, imagine what other objects they might have created. I feel a sense of wonder when I think about how a textile from the other side of the world and another time came into my possession.


So: Leaving you this random post to look at for a while. I need a break from the computer. Sometimes it makes me feel a little worn out, crazy & negative, all of this blogging and technology. I wonder if other people experience this?
I need to walk, do some yoga, be in the sun, read some books, have some adventures. Before I start writing boring, super-confessional, venting posts. Yikes!

Also: The ERMIE spring/summer photoshoot is happening next week! Which means, the new items should be in the shop by the end of May. I'll let you know the exact date & time of the shop update here on this blog when it's time.

See you soon,
xo

-J




3 comments:

Megan Taylor said...

favas are my fave!

Vanessa Samp said...

vest is crazy amazing! regarding taking well needed technology breaks, i totally agree. have fun on the photo shoot coming up. stoked!
v

amanda jane said...

I'll be excited to see the photos from the shoot!