Wednesday, September 29, 2010

IMG_3929
IMG_3923

ERMIE "Bling Print." Textile design © Jennifer Parry Dodge 2010.

Are you sick of this print yet?
I was curious to see what Jenny's Wiksten Pattern looked like in a knit fabric. Plus I had to go to another event and needed something to wear (actually didn't end up going...Tomory has been sick, and we were exhausted from the heat-- it was 113 degrees here on Monday) ! This is again the lengthened version of the dress. I left the armholes and hem raw (edged in a zig-zag stitch), and the neck line is finished in the same way as this ERMIE blouse from the Summer.


More views here.

Bronze necklace by Ashley Helvey.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sick of it? Are you kidding?!? It's incredible and works so nice in the dresses you've made with it. I'm also very impressed that you're working with a knit fabric... is it difficult? Do you have a serger?

Megan Taylor said...

Oh I really love that dress!

Anonymous said...

I like it, especially with the belt!

Jennifer said...

Thanks!
Jen,
it's not that hard. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it seems pretty easy!

The fabrics shifts a little- when cutting and sewing- but so does double gauze and linen (which I have worked with a lot, too).Maybe I'm just used to working with tricky fabrics.

I don't have a serger. I just zig-zag stitch the edges, which works and is fine since I am just using all of these Wiksten Pattern dresses for my own personal use.

I am having the Bling Print sewn into long sleeve boat-neck tees & the short sleeve/convertible one shoulder tee dress sewn by a seamstress- who does have a serger! These will be for sale in the shop soon!

P R I M O E Z A said...

looks great jennifer!

claire said...

Really gorgeous! I think this is the one I prefer!