Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Corner View: Me


7/20/10



7/21/09



My 21st Birthday. My 37th is coming up soon.

I still love Guston. (Talk about '90's fashion.)


How can one person look like so many different people? Who are we?
What are we? Where do we come from? Where are we going?

Thanks to social media, in the last few days I have been in touch with people I haven't seen or talked to in about a decade. It is so weird. I feel like a totally different person than I did back then. Memory is strange- and it has been interesting to compare what I remember about people, and those past years, and what people remember about me.

I found out this year, that one of my best friends from high school passed away from cancer in January.
We had lost touch, drifted apart- I had tried over the years to find her & her sister, who was also one of my best friends back then, to no avail. Then one day, her sister located me via Facebook. I saw
her this past Sunday night for the first time in 15 years - I invited her to my home, and made her dinner. It was wonderful and sad. Mostly wonderful. It turns out my friends had both been living in Southern California for the past few years. So close and we didn't even know it.

I don't know what it all means, if anything.


More CV's here.


8 comments:

jane said...

what a wonderful post jennifer. i don´t know what it means either... but it makes me feel hopeful... :)

nadine paduart said...

yes, it makes one wonder...

Janis said...

Interesting thought for sure...

Love your portraits, love the middle shot with the burst of sun behind you... :^)

Theresa said...

Aren't you adorable.

I know what you mean...about not knowing what it means...

Michelle said...

I am so sorry about your friend, but really glad you got to spend time with her sister. I love your picture! Hot momma!

likeschocolate said...

I think you look more amazing at 37 then at 21! Looks like you are having an amazing summer.

Cate said...

thank you... i wish alice was here to see you and know how succesful you have been in life.

Jennifer said...

Cate, Sometimes I like to think Alice can see me. Other times, as I sort of said in the post- I just don't know. I really want to believe there is something more than this life.